Tuesday, September 19, 2006

Transformation

Every night before going to bed, I plan that I will get up early next morning and will start exercising but every morning, when clock alarms, I switch it off and continue my lovely sleep. There was a time, when I used to be a fit and muscular man, when I used to wear tight fit T-shirts and never used to hesitate in flaunting my good physique. Now, everything has been changed with time. After having stopped exercising for around 1 year, I can’t even imagine myself wearing those T-shirts. A small bulge has appeared at the end of my stomach and I really have to struggle a lot to wear my recent bought pants too, just forget about my older outfits. My waist has increased from 29 inches to 33 inches in 1 year and if this trend continues then I would soon resemble an elephant, if not then at least, Adnan Sami.

The credit goes to my sedative lifestyle. I barely do any kind of physical work nowadays. I wake up late every morning, keep sticking to my office chair all the day, eat minimum three times in a day and as night falls, again I start planning to get up early in the next morning and next morning, the loop continues. I think, many young lads working in IT industry must be entwined in this same loop. Oh God, please give us strenght to break this loop and reverse this ongoing transformation. Amen!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor fellow! I have a practical suggestion for you. You come to US for higher studies. I can guarantee you will walk atleast 4kms everyday on an average and you will work (physical) more than you are doing right now. It's not working out in the strictest sense but you will definitely lose a lot of weight, trust me =)

Dushyant said...

@Bandan:
Thanks for the suggestion. I think I need to think over it seriously.

Anonymous said...

shall i make a suggestion ? Breathing exercises helps to definitely loose weight. You do not even have to get out of bed !!
Stay in bed - breath in - hold your breath for 5 sec (for starters ) and breath out. As you do it daily - increase the count for holding your breath from 5 sec to 10 sec and so on and so forth. I definitely did loose some fat.
No 2. Your last meal/food/snack should be taken atleast 3 hours before you go to sleep. It is difficult at first but it shall happen. If you feel hungry drink only water. that's another secret of loosing weight !